Opening exhibitions
Event calendar
2018. March
Permanent exhibition
Hungarian Jewish Museum and Archives, Budapest


This year, The Hungarian Jewish Museum and Archives was first opened 100 ago. On occasion of the anniversary, the institution is undergoing a complete renovation. Perhaps the most important moment of that is that the permanent exhibition that has not been changed for more than thirty years is to be redone. continue
Permanent exhibition
Hungarian National Gallery, Budapest

19th century painting, sculpture

Our exhibition, presenting 19th-century art, surveys the work of almost 100 years, beginning in the late 18th century. Here we can see almost all the important works from the time of National Romanticism that have for generations determined the national visual memory. Including such major emblematic works of historical painting as The Women of Eger, The Mourning of L├íszl├│ Hunyadi and The Christening of Vajk, the most significant historical paintings by Viktor Madar├ísz, M├│r Than, S├índor Liezen-Mayer, Bertalan Sz├ękely, and Gyula Bencz├║r fill two impressive rooms on the first floor.

In the adjacent rooms the visitor can see landscapes by K├íroly Mark├│ as well as major works by J├│zsef Borsos, Mikl├│s Barab├ís, Mih├íly Zichy, Gyula Bencz├║r, and Bertalan Sz├ękely. A separate room presents the work of the greatest renewers of 19th-century Hungarian art: P├íl Szinyei-Merse, Mih├íly Munk├ícsy and L├íszl├│ Pa├íl. The one-time ballroom of the palace displays works of Naturalist and early plein-air painting that in many instances paved the way to Modernism. Works by L├íszl├│ Medny├ínszky, G├ęza M├ęsz├Âly, Lajos De├ík-├ëbner, Simon Holl├│sy, and Istv├ín Cs├│k form the backbone of this unit.

The Rákosi album, in which the people of Dunaújváros applied for the name of Sztálin
Permanent exhibition
Intercisa Museum, Dunaújváros

The history of Dunaújváros

The exhibition demonstrates the history of the building and development of the town up to the beginning of the 1970'ies. An exciting documen is the so-called Red book in which the citizens of our town solicited for the name Stalin to become the name of the town. continue
A taste of the exhibition
Permanent exhibition
Attila J├│zsef Museum, Mak├│

Strenuous Centuries - The history of the town of Mak├│ from its rebuilding to the change of the social system (1699-1989)

The new permanent exhibition at the Attila József Museum of Makó managed by the Csongrád County self-government Opened on 26 June, after six-month's work. The showing fulfilling requirements of the 21st century presents the history of the town of Makó after the resettling of 1699 after expulsion of the Turkish to the change of regime in 1989. continue
Permanent exhibition
Kogart House, Budapest


This also means that what you can see on the walls and in between them at our new exhibition are only nodes on the many strands of the KOGART Collection. continue
Eger castle
Permanent exhibition
István Dobó Museum, Eger

The history of the castle in Eger

The first church of the Episcopate of Eger was built on the Castle Hill. Later the Roman and Gothic Cathedrals were built next to it. After the Tatar prowled Hungary, the castle was fortified and was continuously under construction until the beginning of the 18th century. The castle became known country-wide after it was heroically defended in 1552. It has been the symbol of patriotism since. continue
The Coat of Arms of the Volunteer Firefighter Association of Barcs
The only museum institution of Inner-Somogy opened in 1979 in Barcs. It collects material from the Dráva region. The document and local history collection of the Dráva Museum holds material focusing on Barcs. The documents of present days, that of factories, families and institutions, are tended with great significance. continue
Museum entrance
The once owner of the house built hundreds of years ago was the post master Samuel Gerhauser. The new owner János Hatvani Szabó had the building reconstructed based on regulations of the National Monument Controls. The rooms downstairs with unique atmosphere are now open with exhibitions. continue
The Backyard of the Country House
The museum building consists of houses and farm-buildings which are themselves the untouched representatives of the popular architecture tipical to the area. The buildings of the museum were bought by the town separately in 1987, 1997 and 2000. The so-called Szathmáry-Horkay house was built in the 1860'ies,and was renovated into its present shape in 1909. continue
Museum entrance
The art of Jen┼Ĺ Barcsay (1900-1988) is a concept not only in Szentendre but also in the history of the art of the 20th century in Hungary: he was a representative of constructivism, even so figurative constructivism. He did the mosaics of public buildings, wall textiles. He was the author of Artistic Anatomy used in medical training. continue
The museum building
In 1990 the Koml├│ Collection of Natural Sciences was founded, whereas the collection of regional history further operated under the name of Regional Town Museum. Following the change of regime both museums were placed in the Main Square of the town. A new collection of natural sciences was opened in 1997 under the title of The Natural Environment of Mecsek. continue
The museum building
The park-keeper house in the suburbs of Szabadsz├íll├ís once belonged to the grandfather of J├│zsef Attile, P┼Ĺcze Imre. His daughter P┼Ĺcze Borb├íla, the mother of J├│zsef Attila, was born and lived in Szabadsz├íll├ís. The poet along his siblings traveled to Szabadsz├íll├ís when a child and spent beautiful days there. continue
Inside the museum
Only 52 villages survived the Ottoman rule, besides larger towns in Pest and Pilis County. The count P├ęter Zichy invited Catholic German families in 1723 to settle in the region to take the places of Calvinist Hungarian families whose number lessened considerably during Ottoman Hungary. continue