Event calendar
2017. March
27
28
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
Budapest Museum of Fine Arts - Budapest
The museum building
Address: 1146, Budapest Dózsa György út 41.
Phone number: (1) 469-7100
Opening hours: Tue-Sun 10-18
every even weeks Museum+: Thu 18-22
The millenary session of the Hungarian Parliament in 1896 passed a law whereby art collections previously held in different institutions were to be unified and placed in the newly-established Museum of Fine Arts. On the basis of a competitive tender, Albert Schickendanz and Fülöp Herzog were commissioned to design and construct the building, which opened in 1906. continue
Permanent exhibitions
Ornans 1819 - 1877 La-Tour-de-Peilz, Wrestlers: (1853), oil, canvas, 252x198 cm
The body of the collection of the 19th century begins with Delacroix and gives and overview of the development of French painting of the century. We show works of Delacroix, Courbet, Daubigny, Troyon, Millet, as well as the artists of impressionism and post-impressionism like Pissarro, Manet, Monet, Renoir, Cézanne and Gauguin. continue
Sebastian Vranex (1573-1647): A Company Taking a Meal in the Great Outdoors
The works of well- and less known artists are displayed in the newly reconstructed wing of the museum mirroring the spiritual and stylistic connections and the relationship between family, master and student. The painting of the period can be characterized with variegation. The most significant painters of the 'heydays' is inevitably Rembrandt and painters of his circle. continue
Georg Flegel (1566-1638): Still Life
The collection presenting 150 Baroque, Rococo and Classicist paintings of Austrian and German painters moved into the newly reconstructed wing of the Museum of Fine Arts. The works of Johann Heinrich Schönfeld, Johann Liss, Salomon Adler and Johann Heinrich Roos among others belong to the Kupezky and Maulbertsch collections as well as the works of Angelika Kauffmann's works. continue
18 - 17 c. BC . Bull shaped pot: ( 1700 - 1600 c. BC), Clay, 10.6x13.9 cm
At the foundation of the Museum of Fine Arts, the gypsum copies of statues embodied antiquity. The Antique Collection was only founded in 1908 after a decision. Following the initiation of Hekler Antal, the governments bought the collection of 135 pieces of Paul Arndt that was augmented in 1914. Until WWII, a new piece was added to it every now and again. continue