Event calendar
2025. August
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
2025.05.28. - 2025.09.28.
Budapest
2025.04.17. - 2025.05.17.
Budapest
2025.04.10. - 2025.05.11.
Szombathely
2025.04.07. - 2025.04.11.
Budapest
2025.03.28. - 2025.05.11.
Budapest
M80
2025.03.05. - 2025.09.15.
Budapest
2025.02.06. - 2025.05.11.
Budapest
2024.12.13. - 2025.06.30.
Budapest
2024.12.12. - 2025.06.01.
Budapest
2024.10.15. - 2025.08.31.
Budapest
2012.03.01. - 2012.03.31.
Vác
2012.02.01. - 2012.02.29.
Miskolc
2012.01.22. - 1970.01.01.
Budapest
2011.10.04. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.07.04. - 2011.07.08.
Budapest
Kiskun Museum - Kiskunfélegyháza
The museum building
Address: 6100, Kiskunfélegyháza Dr. Holló Lajos út 9.
Phone number: (76) 461-468
Opening hours: 01.04-30.11: Tue-Fri 8:00-16:00, Sat 9-17
01.12-31.31.:Mon-Fri only on prior notice
The Kiskun Museum was founded in 1902 by Gyula Szalay, the versatile teacher of the local secondary school. In 1912 the growing collection of antiques were placed in the late-baroque Greek house, and it only moved to its present place in 1939. continue
Permanent exhibitions
A taste of the exhibition
The oldest relics - of the prehistoric age - have been found near Félegyháza. The area was inhabited in the bronze age and at the time of the Celts as well. Sarmata and Avarian finds were also discovered during excavations. The Kuns were settled in the Kiskunságban by Béla IV. in 1239. continue
The reconstructed wind mill
The wind mill was built in 1860. Later it was moved to the courtyard of the Kiskun Museum, where it can be seen in its original state as an exhibited object and popular monument. The carved wooden structure and the wooden floor of the mill are especially attractive. continue
Félegyháza was established in the 14th century. It was a small village then with a small church made of stone. The Turkish burned down the habitat in 1526. In the following 200 years it was a bleak. The exhibition presents the history of the habitat repopulated in 1743 until the middle of 1920. continue