Event calendar
2020. September
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4
Municipal Museum of Pásztó - Pásztó
The museum building
Address: 3060, Pásztó Múzeum tér 5.
Phone number: (32) 460-194
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 8-16, Sat 9-15
Permanent exhibitions
A taste of the exhibition
The Rajeczky Benjámin memorial hall was opened on 11th November 1992. Rajeczky Benjámin had been an excellent citizen of the town. He was born in 1901 in Eger and died in 1989 in Pásztó. He is burried under the gothic bethel of the St.Lőrinc church. continue
A taste of the exhibition
A new exhibition on the history of the town opened at the Pásztó Museum at the end of 2007, on the 600th anniversary of Pásztó's declaration to market town. continue
A taste of the exhibition
Some botanical interrests of the region are presented by our photo exhibition. 35 plant species are possible to investigate making use of the coloured photographies in 30x40 cm measurements and the short reviews. All of them are placed onto the walls of the stairway in the monastery building. continue
A taste of the exhibition
The permanent exhibition of graphic artist Kálmán Csohány was opened in 2001 in a monument building built in the 1870'ies. Since 1990 the general public had been able to find 50 works of the master in two museum rooms. However, thanks to the opening of the galery, now we can see about 150 individual works of the master. Kálmán Csohány wrote about himself in his autobiography as follows. continue
A taste of the exhibition
At the Southern side of the schoolmaster's house excavations brought about the remains of a 20 meters long and 7 meters wide stone building. The top of the walls were covered by a burn layer, and tzhe time of the fire can be dated to about 1230. The building was probably built and used in the beginning of the 12th century. continue
A taste of the exhibition
The walls of three settlements were excavated to the South from the glassworks. The baroque monastery was built upon the Southern wing of the third room. continue
A taste of the exhibition
In the cellar of the schoolmaster's house we can see an exhibition demonstrating the medieval vine cultivation. Vine growing and wine production was flourishing in the vicinity of the town, but a pestilence at the end of the 19th century put an end to it all. In the gothic cellar of the schoolmaster's house we can see all kinds of vine-growing instruments. continue
A taste of the exhibition
Because of its favourable geographical conditions Pásztó had been inhabited as early as in the prehistoric era. After the Hungarian conquest the region was shifted into the ownership of the Hungarian royal family. In the 12th century there was possibly a monastery functioning in Pásztó. continue
A taste of the exhibition
The building has three divisions: the portal leads ibto the kitchen, and the room opening to the North was served as a lard. Herein there were three pieces of grain container dug into the floor. These holes proved a real archaeological sensation, for almost the whole scale of th 15-16th century housekeeping instruments were discovered in hem. Possibly the news of the Turkish approach (1551) made the school master to flee and carefully hide his values in the holes. continue
A taste of the exhibition
After the change of regime the Hungarian Cistercian Order demanded and gained back the monastery building, which was handed over to Pásztó for museologic purposes. One of the conditions was to demonstrate the history and monasteries of the Hungarian Cistercian Order. continue
A taste of the exhibition
The exhibition is arranged in the western wing of the first floor of the monastery. Visitors can follow up the most characteristic minerals and fossils, as well as the geografical conditions of their formation. There is an elefant found in the Salgótarján basin, as well as prehistoric plant imprints from Ipolytarnóc. continue
A taste of the exhibition
King Béla III. established a cistercian abbey in Pásztón in 1190. The cistercians took the buildings of the former benedictine abbey and in the first third of the 13th century they extended and reconstructed the sanctuary of the church. continue