Event calendar
2022. October
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
2022.08.09. - 2022.09.18.
Budapest
2022.06.14. - 2022.09.12.
Budapest
2022.06.02. - 2022.07.24.
Budapest
2022.01.28. - 2022.03.13.
Budapest
2022.01.20. - 2022.03.13.
Budapest
2021.12.15. - 2022.02.13.
Budapest
2021.12.08. - 2022.02.20.
Budapest
2021.11.05. - 2022.02.13.
Budapest
2021.09.20. - 2022.03.13.
Budapest
2021.06.29. - 2022.02.13.
Budapest
2012.03.01. - 2012.03.31.
Vác
2012.02.01. - 2012.02.29.
Miskolc
2012.01.22. - 1970.01.01.
Budapest
2011.10.04. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.07.04. - 2011.07.08.
Budapest
Szántódpuszta Tourist and Cultural Center - Szántódpuszta
The museum building
Address: 8622, Szántódpuszta Szántódpuszta
Phone number: (84) 348-946, (84) 348-714
Opening hours: 14.04-15.10.: 8:30-18
The Europa Nostra awarded Szántódpuszta in 1994 is maintained by the Helikon Castle Museum Public Company. The several hundred year-old building complex of the Szántódpuszta farmstead from the 18-19th centuries is located by the south part of the Lake Balaton along road no. 7. continue
Permanent exhibitions
A taste of the exhibition
The exhibition presents the history of the Szántód Ferry. continue
Not one of the agricultural heritages of the Romans remained as intact as viniculture. The barbarians were not interested in anything more, did not show more tolerance than to producing sweet grape and excellent wine. The middle part of the Kőhegyi Hills near Zamárdi was owned by the Tihany Abbey while the eastern and western slopes were shared by serfs.

Until the vineyards were taken over by the abbey, it belonged to Szántódpuszta. The wine extracted in the 'L' shaped presses was then ripened in the 'T' shaped cellars. Unfortunately, we can only show now the coat of arms of the abbey as the building itself was taken down.

The exhibition reviews manorial and peasant viniculture at the turn of the 19th century by showing tools, typical grapes and types of cellars with their setting.

continue
The Chapel
The Saint Christopher Chapel is located on the hill over the bleak. The original chapel was built with a shingle and wooden tower but was reconstructed in 1820. The new chapel was inaugurated in 1821 and was offered to St. Christopher again. continue