Event calendar
2020. December
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
Kisfaludy Memorial House - Sümeg
Museum entrance
Address: 8330, Sümeg Kisfaludy tér 2.
Phone number: (70) 466-4036
Opening hours: Temporarily closed.
archaeology, literature, permanent exhibition
Share it, if you like it:
Museum tickets, service costs:
Group ticket
300 HUF
Ticket for adults
500 HUF
Ticket for students
300 HUF
Ticket for pensioners
300 HUF
Kálmán Darnay's activity made Sümeg the center of the museological life of Trans-Danubia.

Being an iron salesman, he was to be trained on his own. During the course of time his fame brought him up to a position among the registered architects. He also pursued writing activities: he wrote studies, dramas, historical novels and articles forthe local paper. His flat in Sümeg was open before all visitors: writers and painters found refuge here for shorter or longer periods.

His first museum was opened in 1871, which was extended by new rooms in 1903, then soon moved into a two-storey house in the main street. In the 1920’-ies the state purchased the collection of more then 16.000 items, and transferred them to the Balaton Museum of Keszthely.

In 1945, when the collection was transported to a safe place, the train transporting it was bombed at the Zalaegerszeg station, and the whole collection was destroyed. The memorial exhibition represents the personal materials that were left and later presented to the town museum by the family.