2018. July 22. Sunday
Ign├íc Tragor Museum - Memento Mori - V├íc
Address: 2600, V├íc M├írcius 15. t├ęr 19.
Phone number: (30) 555-7620
Opening hours: Wed-Thu 10-17, Fri-Sun 10-18
The crypt of the church in the main square of the town, formerly owned by the Dominican order, functioned as a place of burial between 1731-1801 but later it was bricked up. The entrance of the crypt was found again during the renovation work of the church in 1994. In the special climate, the corpses of the crypt had become mummified in a natural way in their coffins. The clothes, the burial accessories and the coffins had been preserved in an outstanding condition.