Event calendar
2020. August
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
The First School of Gyula Illyés - Pálfa - Rácegres
The museum building
Address: 7042, Pálfa - Rácegres Kölcsey u.
Phone number: (75) 339-011
Opening hours: On prior notice
The Roman Catholic school was founded by the highly educated land owner Duke Apponyi Sándor in 1877. The building works of the school were finished in 1880. It was functioning until 1976. The building was originally made to have a class room, a chapel and a teacher's flat. The school served for the education of the children living in the region. continue
Permanent exhibitions
Beside the schoolroom and school chapel recalling the atmosphere of the turn of the century, we can see a permanent exhibition in the the teacher's flat. The room recalls the childhood of our famous poet Gyula Illyés. Pictures, objects and documents are exhibited. continue