Event calendar
2019. July
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
Pal├│c House - Balassagyarmat
The renovated county house
Address: 2660, Balassagyarmat Pal├│c liget 1.
Phone number: (35) 300-168, (35) 500-133
Opening hours: 01.05-15.11.: Tue-Sat 10-16
In the beginning of the 1930 ies an open-air collection was opened in the yard of the Palóc Museum of Balassagyarmat. The first Hungarian permanent collection at this time was consisted only of one dwelling house, but articles written by Zsigmond Bátky and Sándor Ébner suggested that it should be extended to a whole agricultural yard.< continue
Permanent exhibitions
A taste of the exhibition
In 1996 a copy of the small chapel in Szanda was reconstruated. The original was built in 1890, its walls are made of clay bricks and the roof was covered with shingle. continue
A taste of the exhibition
The buildings of the Pal├│c Museum present the architecture of the villages at the beginning of the 19th century. The wooden house that was bought for 350 peng┼Ĺs in Karancskeszi and moved to the garden of the museum by farm-wagons represents the old style of the Pal├│c houses. The only hip-roof the with hole for smoke that survived in Hungary is displayed here. The roof is covered by thatch. continue
A taste of the exhibition
The reconstruction of a road cross was also presented in 1996 - the cross from Etes served as a pattern. continue