Event calendar
2024. April
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
György Klapka Museum Exhibition Space - Lapidarium Brigetionense - Komárom
Lapidarium Brigetionense
Address: 2900, Komárom Igmándi út
Phone number: (30) 508-5097
Opening hours: 01.03-31.10.: Tue-Sun: 9-17
The Igmándi fortress was built in 1871-1877 as part of the system of Komárom and as the last component of the defending system of Új-Szőny. The fortress designed by Austrian architects is fan shaped, hidden behind ramparts, there is a ditch around it, has vents in it, and faces the enemy in the south. The ammunition storages were formed in the lodges of the troops and. The ramparts that cover the rooms have Kat Batteries located in them.

The first exhibition of the György Klapka Museum opened in the 250 meters long corridor of the fortress in 1965. The material was taken from the findings of the Roman stone collection. The show was reorganized and moved to the East part of Komárom in 1993.

The tombstones that are connected the cult of the dead, the altar stones that symbolize the manifold nature of the Roman religion, and the milestones give information to the visitors of a long forgotten town, Brigeto, its life, death, the everyday life of its tenants.