2021. April 18. Sunday
Treasury of the St. Bertholome Church - Gyöngyös
Address: 3200, Gyöngyös Szent Bertalan utca 3.
Phone number: (37) 300-072
Opening hours: Temporarily closed.
One of the most beautiful baroque palaces of the city is located in the Inner City, built in 1784 by Pál Almásy, a local nobleman who played significant role in the city. In 1934 the building ‒ known by the locals as the Crown-House (in March 1806, during the Napoleon wars, the Holy Crown was moved to Gyöngyös, to be hidden in the Almásy Palace) ‒ was bought by the diocese of St. Bartholomew Church for 40 000 pengő, partly paid from public donation.