2019. October 20. Sunday
Treasury of the St. Bertholome Church - GyĂ¶ngyĂ¶s
Address: 3200, GyĂ¶ngyĂ¶s Szent Bertalan utca 3.
Phone number: (37) 300-072
Opening hours: Tue-Sat 10-17, Sun 15-17 (by appointment only nine major groups of inhabitants)
One of the most beautiful baroque palaces of the city is located in the Inner City, built in 1784 by PĂˇl AlmĂˇsy, a local nobleman who played significant role in the city. In 1934 the building â€’ known by the locals as the Crown-House (in March 1806, during the Napoleon wars, the Holy Crown was moved to GyĂ¶ngyĂ¶s, to be hidden in the AlmĂˇsy Palace) â€’ was bought by the diocese of St. Bartholomew Church for 40 000 pengĹ‘, partly paid from public donation.