2020.05.29.
András Jósa Museum

2020.05.29.

2020.05.29.
Hungarian Open Air Museum

2020.05.29.

2020.05.29.

2020.05.29.
Hungarian National Museum

2020.05.29.
National Theatre Historical Museum and Institute

2020.05.29.
Budapest Museum of Fine Arts

2020.05.29.
Rippl-Rónai Museum

2020.05.29.
Déri Museum

Temesv√°r Fine Art Museum - TimiŇüoara
The museum building
Address: 300085, TimiŇüoara P-Ň£a Unirii nr. 1
Phone number: (256) 491-592
Opening hours: Tue-Sun 10-18
The "European Paintings" permanent exhibition is closed at the moment due to resurrection!

Permanent exhibitions
The metal objects collection constitutes a part of the Museum of Art heritage. Thanks to the objects made of common metal, some important moments of the European metal craftsmanship are presented, and also the influence of the western technical and artistic innovations upon the local production. The main features of the collection are the metal-working techniques, the diversity of the morphological types and of the decorative repertoire. The objects come from the Ormós collection, from the Ciupe and Moga transfers, from donations and aquisitions. continue
The modern Romanian arts collection of our museum provides insight into the work of painters and sculptors, the development of schools and trends all over the country beginning in the 19th century. The collection includes masterpieces by "academists" from the 19th century (Sava HenŇ£ia, Constantin Lecca), as well as classic paintings by Theodor Aman, Nicolae Grigorescu and Ion Andreescu. The latter authors are also noteworthy for their ambition to open up for impressionist intentions acquiring bases of the Barbizon school. continue
The museum's collection counts about five hundred European paintings, being one of the largest and most important collections of European art in Romania. The items originate primarily from a private collection formed in the latter half of the nineteenth century: that of the Ormós Zsigmond (1813-1894). continue
In the 18th century, in the halls of the Local Council and in the Palace of the county there were already portraits of emperors, commanders and local dignitaries. Some of these were signed by some masters from Vienna or from Budapest, and some by local artists. Sava Petrovińć, Konstantin Daniel, Melegh G√°bor and later, in the second half of the century, Johann W√§lder or Ferenczy J√≥zsef were called to finalize the portraits in the council hall of the town-hall's palace.The town rarely purchased works of the artists from Banat. Thus, at the begenning of the 20th century two compositions of big dimensions were bought and laid down at the museum: "The Wedding from Cana" (a copy after Veronese) of Brocky K√°roly and "The Colonization of the Schwabs in Banat" of Stefan J√§ger. continue
Corneliu Baba was born in Craoive in Olténia in 1906 as the third son of Gheorghe Baba, a church painter of Karánsebes and Mathilda Baba. He moved to Temesvár after graduating from the Faculty of Arts of the University of Bucurest, at the beginning of the 1930's. Though he met several progressive artists, these three years of his life were spent with searching his own path. continue
The contemporary Romanian art is present through a selective cliché, referring to trends and personalities relevant for the artistic phenomena from the 20th century. continue
The collection of old art has been constituted since 1928 and contains especially icons on wood and painting on canvas of a local origin. It was rhythmically completed with acquisitions, donations and transfers, especially after 1960, counting nowadays more than one thousand of pieces. Chronologically integrating between the 17th and the 19th centuries, the collection thus completed has a heterogeneous shade, including icons originating in Wallachia, Transylvania and isolated in Maramuresh, Russia, Ukraina and Greece. continue