2019. August 17. Saturday
Municipal Museum of Art - Vasilescu Collection - Gy┼Ĺr
Address: 9025, Gy┼Ĺr Kossuth Lajos utca 5.
Phone number: (20) 425-2660
Opening hours: Wed-Sun 10-18
The construction of the church and the two-storie Synagogue of Gy┼Ĺr built in the spirit of late historicism and secession was initiated by nearly 300 Jewish families. The buildings designed by K├íroly Benk├│ were inaugurated on 15 September 1870. The Synagogue has a square shape with octahedron interior with towers in octahedron shape at the corners. The inside space is bolstered up with cast iron poles with double structure tambour artificial dome. The fa├žade is ornamented by heightened sphere topped corner towers while the entrance is ornamented with a large circle window and arched double windows.