Event calendar
2019. June
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Kiskun Museum - Kiskunfélegyháza
The museum building
Address: 6100, Kiskunfélegyháza Dr. Holló Lajos út 9.
Phone number: (76) 461-468
The Kiskun Museum was founded in 1902 by Gyula Szalay, the versatile teacher of the local secondary school. In 1912 the growing collection of antiques were placed in the late-baroque Greek house, and it only moved to its present place in 1939.

The baroque building was built in 1753. The main building used to give place for administrations of public affairs, whereas the one in the back served as a dungeon for the prisoners of Kiskun area.

Permanent exhibitions
A taste of the exhibition
The actress was born in Kiskunfélegyháza. Her style was called by herself as surrealist painting. Her style was named as surrealist by herself. In 1958 and 1971 she was rewarded Munkácsy-prize, in 1973 Worthy Artist Prize, in 1982 the Kossuthprize. She was elected as a freewoman of Kiskunfélegyháza town in 1998. continue
The reconstructed wind mill
The wind mill was built in 1860. Later it was moved to the courtyard of the Kiskun Museum, where it can be seen in its original state as an exhibited object and popular monument. The carved wooden structure and the wooden floor of the mill are especially attractive. continue
Félegyháza was established in the 14th century. It was a small village then with a small church made of stone. The Turkish burned down the habitat in 1526. In the following 200 years it was a bleak. The exhibition presents the history of the habitat repopulated in 1743 until the middle of 1920. continue