2020. May 31. Sunday
The Mining Museum of Mecsek - Exhibition on Mining Uranium - KÅ‘vÃ¡gÃ³szÅ‘lÅ‘s
Address: 7673, KÅ‘vÃ¡gÃ³szÅ‘lÅ‘s RÃ¡kÃ³czi u. 54.
Phone number: (74) 374-162, (99) 312-667
Opening hours: 01.04-31.10.: Tue-Sun 10-18
01.11-31.03.: Tue-Sun 10-16
After 1945 companies (Coal Mines of Mecsek, Mecsek Ore-mining Company, Shaft-sinker Company) working in the mine industry in Mecsek took care of the conservation of the remembrances of mining in Mecsek. The search began in 1950s for uranium was successful and after setting up a mine also uranium was mined in Mecsek at the end of the decade.