2020. August 8. Saturday
The Mining Museum of Mecsek - Exhibition on the History of Mining and Library - Pécs
Address: 7621, Pécs Káptalan u. 3.
Phone number: (30) 934-6127
Opening hours: On prior notice
Tel: +36 (30) 218-5659
The First Danube Steamship Navigation Company (FDSNC) exploited, traded and used the coal of Mecsek, which is good for coking for 100 years since 1850. The FDSNC preserved the characteristic devices and documents of mine-digging since the last quarter of 19th century. Using its repository was a regular exhibitor of the local (1888), millenary (1896) and Parisian (1900) exhibitions. After 1945 companies (Coal Mines of Mecsek, Mecsek Ore-mining Company, Shaft-sinker Company) working in the mine industry in Mecsek took care of the conservation of the remembrances of the past.