Event calendar
2021. April
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
Kisfaludy Memorial House - Sümeg
Museum entrance
Address: 8330, Sümeg Kisfaludy tér 2.
Phone number: (70) 466-4036
Opening hours: Temporarily closed.
economy, geology, heavy industry, industry, mining, permanent exhibition
Share it, if you like it:
Museum tickets, service costs:
Group ticket
300 HUF
Ticket for adults
500 HUF
Ticket for students
300 HUF
Ticket for pensioners
300 HUF
Lajos Kocsis (born in 1909) retired miner enthusiastically collected the fossils found in the Bakony for more than 50 years. He donated a significant part of his gigantic collection to the town of Sümeg in 1984. The permanent exhibition represents a rich selection of these items.

His name is well renowned in the profession. A number of geologists proudly profess to have learnt some difficult professional hints from Lajos Kocsis.

He was the one who in 1960 discovered the oldest flinn stone mine (4500 years old) of Hungary in Sümeg. A real sensation was brought about by the tortois excavated from one of the stone mines in 1963 (Senonemys sümegiensis).