Event calendar
2021. October
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
2021.10.12. - 2021.11.28.
Budapest
2021.10.10. - 2021.11.28.
Budapest
2021.10.10. - 2021.11.28.
Budapest
2021.10.06. - 2021.12.05.
Budapest
2021.10.01. - 2021.10.01.
Fehérvárcsurgó
2021.09.24. - 2022.01.30.
Budapest
2021.08.27. - 2021.10.17.
Budapest
2021.07.30. - 2021.10.03.
Budapest
2021.07.29. - 2021.10.03.
Budapest
2021.06.25. - 2021.10.17.
Budapest
2021.06.22. - 2021.12.31.
Debrecen
2012.03.01. - 2012.03.31.
Vác
2012.02.01. - 2012.02.29.
Miskolc
2012.01.22. - 1970.01.01.
Budapest
2011.10.04. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.07.04. - 2011.07.08.
Budapest
Applied Art Museum of the Glassworks in Bükk - Bükkszentkereszt
The museum building
Address: 3557, Bükkszentkereszt Őz u. 2.
Phone number: (46) 390-120
Opening hours: Wed-Sun 11:30-15
local history, permanent exhibition, story
Share it, if you like it:
Museum tickets, service costs:
Ticket for adults
200 HUF
Group ticket for adults
150 HUF
Ticket for students
100 HUF
Ticket for pensioners
100 HUF
Ticket for families
600 HUF
/ family
The first of the demonstrated settlements was established in 1712 by Czech, Slovak, Polish and German glass manufacturing families. The village was named Óhuta. (Celts had also been living here, and left behind plenty of archaelogical relics.) The name of the village ws altered in 1940 to Bükkszentlászló (the church was consecrated to St. László).
A taste of the exhibition
The second village was formed in 1755, in an area very rich in raw materials. This is now called as Újhuta. The Czech and Polish families enhanced the development of the village which had 270 tenants by 1770. The foundry became the second biggest industrial manufactory of the Bükk. Its amazing climate made it famous throughtout Europe. It has 380 private and 40 company holiday resorts. Its medicinal air is known beyond our borders.

The village changed its name to Bükkszentkeresztnek in 1940.

The third foundry was established in 1790 in Répáshuta. The foundry had been the property of the bishopric of Eger. In 1760 Slovakian wood-cutters were settled here. They had transported the wood and charcoal into the iron melter of Ómassa. The foundry was functioning till 1831, then in 1834 it was transferred to the Gyertyánvölgy.