Event calendar
2024. June
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
2024.04.20. - 2024.11.24.
Budapest
2023.12.15. - 2024.02.18.
Budapest
2023.11.16. - 2024.01.21.
Budapest
2023.11.09. - 2024.03.17.
Budapest
2023.10.27. - 2024.02.11.
Budapest
2023.10.18. - 2024.02.18.
Budapest
2023.09.22. - 2024.01.21.
Budapest
2012.03.01. - 2012.03.31.
Vác
2012.02.01. - 2012.02.29.
Miskolc
2012.01.22. - 1970.01.01.
Budapest
2011.10.04. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.07.04. - 2011.07.08.
Budapest
Pierre-Auguste Renoir: La Grenouillère
Temporary exhibition 2023.09.22. - 2024.01.21.
Budapest Museum of Fine Arts, Budapest

Renoir: The Painter and His Models

The Museum of Fine Arts, Budapest presents the first comprehensive and representative exhibition of the works of Pierre-Auguste Renoir in Hungary. The large-scale exhibition, focusing on the French master’s depiction of figures, displaysalmost seventy compositions by Renoir. continue
View from Gellért Hill, 1905
Temporary exhibition 2023.12.15. - 2024.02.18.
Hungarian National Gallery, Budapest

Budapest: The First Golden Age

The exhibition organised in conjunction with the Fortepan digital photo archive evokes the Hungarian capital in its heyday, at the turn of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Researchers from Fortepan discovered negatives of photographs of Budapest, hitherto unknown in Hungary, taken by a German postcard publishing company and preserved in the collection of the Deutsche Fotothek in Dresden. continue
Permanent exhibition
István Dobó Museum, Eger

Gunpowder smoke among the stones of the fortress...

The outer and inner castle system was developed in the 1540s. The passage between them was the Dark Gate which is still visible today. The outer castle was destroyed in 1702, but the gate continued to be used and was only walled up at the beginning of the 19th century. continue
Permanent exhibition
Tokaj Museum, Tokaj

Ecclesiological Exhibition

One of the most spectacular and the most valuable unit of the museum’s permanent exhibition is the ecclesiological exhibition on the first floor. Mr. Béla Béres, a priest from Tokaj offered his 800 pieces collection to his favourite town’s museum in 1981. continue
Permanent exhibition
Ópusztaszer National Historic Memorial Park, Ópusztaszer

Nomad Park

On the site beside the horse court we set out to represent the history of the races of the Euro-Asian plains, and all this through archeological relics and ethnographic parallels. Before the Hungarian settlement Huns were one of the nomadic peoples of the region, who changed their life-style in the 10-11th centuries. This change could first of all be put down to the special geographic advantages of the Carpathian Basin. continue
Forester
Permanent exhibition
Ópusztaszer National Historic Memorial Park, Ópusztaszer

Forester house of Kunság

The exhibition presenting the flora and fauna of the biggest conservation area of Csongrád County is located in the office of Pirtó. The research of the conservation area began 100 years ago. continue
The region house
The national monument, a typical example of fashionable houses in Gyömrő at the turn of the 19-20th century at 46 Gr. Teleki Street, was built in the 1840s. An ethnographic and local history collection was opened in the building in 1983, the result of the effort of the Pál Mihály Circle. continue
Illustration
The exhibition hall was opened at the railway station of Kazincbarcika. Its collection demonstrates the relics and cocumentations of those working at the railway. continue
Tokaj Museum has been operating as a region museum since 1962. The institute serves as the main scientific basis of many conferences held in the area. Its permanent exhibition was opened in 1985 in a renovated building that had been a Greek trading house before. The museum collects relics of regional history, ethnography and fine arts. continue
The museum building
The founder of the museum, the captain Vince Farkas, put together the material of the exhibition himself. The showing opened in his own house on 12 July 1984 in Zebegény. The history of sailing, how the first rafts and boats were made, the "clipperig" used for shipping tea in the 19th century, as well as tools used in boat construction are on display. continue
Interior of a Room
Entering from the street a wonderful picture opens up in front of the eyes of the visitors. Behind the high plank fence a white house stands with windows and doors painted blue. The Germans favored this blue. Until the beginning of the century, almost everything was painted blue. These colors and the flowers lend warmth to the building. continue
The idea to establish a castle museum in Fülek came in 1941. The Franciscan monk Kelemen König formed a 'Castle Committee' to collect funds for the collection and to excavate the castle in Fülek. The archaeologist Dr. János Kalmár began the excavation works in 1944 but the war stopped both the excavation works and the establishment of the museum. continue
The museum building
Great celebrations were held in 1975 in the Jászság on the 50th anniversary of the inauguration of the first homestead school. A program titled 'Fifty Years for Education' was welcomed the visitors. continue