Event calendar
2019. June
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Central Mining Museum - Várpalota Mining History Collection - Várpalota
Address: 8100, V├írpalota Hunyadi M├íty├ís t├ęr 1.
Phone number: (88) 597-720
Opening hours: 01.04-31.10.: Tue-Sun 11-17
The annexe, where the exhibition takes place and the exhibition itself was reconstructed and done by Várpalota Coal Mines Company. The exhibition is on 275 m2 and comprises four rooms. continue
Permanent exhibitions
The model of the "skip" system  shaft and mining works (M=1:10)
The exhibition takes place in 4 rooms of the Thury Castle and embraces the history of coal-mining in Várpalota, which started in 1876.In the first room there is a marble table with the date and reason of the foundation and also appreciation of those who contributed to the successes of 100 years. On the wall two painting shows the panorama of Várpalota in 1905 and in 1976. Also on show here the wooden statue of two miners made by Senior István Szabó, who has Kossuth Award. The memorial tablet in front of the entrance lists the name of those miners who died during work at Coal Mines of Várpalota Company. continue