2020.08.06.
András Jósa Museum

2020.08.06.
Déri Museum

2020.08.06.
Budapest Museum of Fine Arts

2020.07.30.
Déri Museum

2020.07.30.
Hatvany Lajos Museum

2020.07.30.
András Jósa Museum

2020.07.30.
Dr. Batthyány-Strattmann László Museum

2020.07.30.
Röszke Paprika Park - Paprika Plant and Museum

2020.07.30.

2020.07.30.

2020.07.30.

2020.07.30.

2020.07.30.

Scientific Collections of the Trans-Danubian Calvinist Church - Museum - Pápa
Address: 8500, Pápa Fő u. 6–8.
Phone number: (89) 311-014, (89) 310-193
Opening hours: 01.11-30.04.: Tue-Fri 8-16
01.05-31.10.: Tue-Fri 8-16, Sat-Sun 9-17
Our collection developed from the collection of the Antique Collection of the Reformed Collage. The Antique Collection is almost the same age as the Reformed Collage but the professional work of collecting material only began at the end of the 18th century. The criteria of a Museum was only fulfilled in 1972 when the permanent exhibition of ecclesiastical art opened and the objects were professionally categorized.

The basis of the Antique Collection was the material of natural history and philology. Through time, we inherited objects from schools as well as the church. This collection developed into a museum.

At the beginning of the 19th century, the Meeting of the Church District also dealt with the destiny of the museum. The collection initiated by Ferenc Tóth hastened the growing of compilation. The first significant increase in the numbers of the objects occurred when the Sárközy heritage of 418 objects was taken in by the collection. This private collection included mainly material of archeology and numismatics. Our Roman findings were excavated in Ó-Szőny. Rómer Flóris first realized their significance in 1867. The archeological material was enlarged by the donation of Károly Markstein who donated a coffin and a mummy form Egypt. Galamb István gave the next significant donation of relics of a hundred pieces in 1893.

István Borsos Collage teacher prepared the catalogue of the collection in 1899. He registered 819 objects. The library had a collection of numismatics of almost 4000 pieces, which later reached the number of 18000.

The material of the Antique Collection was divided into smaller units according to their types. Until WWII, most of the objects were of archeological interest. At the time of the war, this material was destroyed. Collecting began again in the 70's which lead to our museum having a collection mainly made up of objects of applied art and ecclesiastical objects.

The Museum of the Scientific Collections of the Reformed Diocese of Transdanubia owns two exhibition buildings holding two permanent exhibitions. The national monument of the Ótemplom (6.Fő Street.) is a worthy location for our exhibitions. The main building (9, Március 15. Square 9.) includes the larger part of the collection where the Mummy can also be found. Our publications and postcards can be obtained here in the main building.