Event calendar
2019. July
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
Local Historical Collection - Hajd├║dorog
Local Historical Collection
Address: 4087, Hajd├║dorog Jaczkovics ├║t 5.
Phone number: (52) 572-020, (52) 232-366
Opening hours: On prior notice: beyond the opening hours as well
The Region History Collection of Hajd├║dorog is found nearby the Orthodox Catholic Cathedral, in a house built at the biginning of the 20th century. Its gate was opened before the visitors on 18th August 2000. The region history collection aims to offer interesting programmes for the visitors, and - through the collection of items and effective backround works - become a stable cultural institute. continue
Permanent exhibitions
The leaders of Hajd├║dorog did not only recognize that art is important but they are also ready to commit themselves to spreading it. This is how famous artists, students were able to open their art camp first in 2001 and then in 2002. The works were done in the Greek Catholic Grammar and Secondary School. continue
A taste of the exhibition
In the middle of the Great Hungarian Plains, the people of Hajd├║dorog also deal with animal husbandry and land cultivation. The instruments used in conventional peasant farming are the organic parts of our past history. In the first room of the Ethnographic Permanent Exhibition we demonstrate the tools and other objects of land cultivation in the order they are used in the practical life. continue
A taste of the exhibition
Hajd├║dorog is one of the socalled "Hajd├║ towns". The prerogatives of the town were registered in the prerogative letter of Istv├ín Bocskai (1605) The Hajd├║ people had not yet occupied the town, but a document (dated 1605) of Gy├Ârgy Thurz├│ gives evidence of the presence of the Hajd├║ people in the region. Ferdinand II and Lip├│t I later renewed and arranged the privileges of the Hajd├║s. continue
A taste of the exhibition
Archeological works has been performed in the outskirts of the town ever since 1977. The works were initiated by Dr. István Fodor, the person who supervises the works of the students of the University of Szeged. continue