2020.07.06.
Parliament

2020.07.06.
Aeropark

2020.07.06.

2020.07.06.

2020.07.06.

2020.07.06.
HM, Museum and Institution of Military History

2020.07.06.

2020.07.06.

2020.07.06.
Budapest Museum of Fine Arts

2020.07.06.
András Jósa Museum

2020.07.06.
Déri Museum

2020.07.06.
Kisfaludy Memorial House

2020.07.05.

Central Museum of Mining - Sopron
Central Museum of Mining
Address: 9400, Sopron Templom utca 2.
Phone number: (99) 312-667, (99) 338-902
Opening hours: 01.04-31.10.: Tue-Sun 10-18
01.11-31.03.: Tue-Sun 10-16
The millennial town of Sopron has had centuries old connections with mining even before the opening of our museum. Mineral coal was first discovered in 1753 in the historical Hungary, in the woods around Sopron in the area, which is now called Brennbergbánya. Here the coal was started to be used for industrial purposes with very good results until 1951. In 1920, The School of Mining and Forestry that was transferred here from Selmecbánya according to the "Decision of Trianon" started to function in Sopron. continue
Permanent exhibitions
Fire Machine  (model, M=1:10)
The development of mine construction is demonstrated by mockups at the exhibition. The pedalling wheel used from the 15th century resulted the concentration of human power. In other words it is an endless leather, the climbing of which the vitlások pulled up the gained materials from the mine through their own weight. continue
Mine Mountain. Körmöcbánya, 1750
The first thematic group of the material of our exhibition include the representation of the art of miners. Sándor Gáspár, painter was the artist representing mining topics of the last decades. His large sized artwork titled 'The Exploration of the Coal of Dorog' is the first painting the visitors meet when entering the museum. It is the opening picture of the series of pictures introducing the history of mining in Dorog. continue
Coal Mining in the Middle of the 20th Century (maquette)
From the second half of the 19th century the most important material to mine was the coal. From the end of the 1950’s trapeze shaped drifts were built, which were lit by so called turbo lamps. Railway and iron wagon helped in moving the coal. Because of the accidents a rescue process was developed from the second half of the 19th century. One of its important tools was the Westfalia type equipment made at the beginning of the 20th century. continue
Auraria Romano-Dacica: Sámuel Kölesi, 1717, Nagyszeben
The first book published on the science on mining was written by Georgius Agricola in the 16th century. It is still the most important source when examining the mining of the period. continue