Event calendar
2017. June
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
Country Museum of Borsod - Edel├ęny
The Backyard of the Country House
Address: 3780, Edel├ęny Borsodi ├║t 155.
Phone number: (48) 525-080, (30) 628-3007
Opening hours: 01.04- 31.10.: Tue-Sun 9-17
The museum building consists of houses and farm-buildings which are themselves the untouched representatives of the popular architecture tipical to the area. The buildings of the museum were bought by the town separately in 1987, 1997 and 2000. The so-called Szathmáry-Horkay house was built in the 1860'ies,and was renovated into its present shape in 1909. continue
Permanent exhibitions
The B├│dva-valley Library- and Library historical collection is one of a rugged fate. Its collecting work was supervised by the former directors of the former library collection (Imre Slezs├ík and B├ęla Augusztinyi. The collection was first exhibited in Tr├şzsben, then later in ├ëgersz├Âg├Ân. In 1998 it was placed in the Rag├ílyi Tam├ís library of Borsod. continue
The material located in the so-called "back house" was collected by the manager of the County Library Imre Slezs├ík (1932-2002) and B├ęla Augusztinyi. continue
Air photograph of the excavations
The historical Boesod county is one of those established by St. Stefan during the establishment of the state. The early counties were led by the bailiffs assigned by the king. Their work involved county administration,directing the judgment and tax collection duties, and the arrangement of the military operations. Their residence used to be at places such as the Borsod castle. continue