Event calendar
2024. May
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
2024.04.20. - 2024.11.24.
Budapest
2023.12.15. - 2024.02.18.
Budapest
2023.11.16. - 2024.01.21.
Budapest
2023.11.09. - 2024.03.17.
Budapest
2023.10.27. - 2024.02.11.
Budapest
2023.10.18. - 2024.02.18.
Budapest
2023.09.22. - 2024.01.21.
Budapest
2012.03.01. - 2012.03.31.
Vác
2012.02.01. - 2012.02.29.
Miskolc
2012.01.22. - 1970.01.01.
Budapest
2011.10.04. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.07.04. - 2011.07.08.
Budapest
János Szántó Kovács Museum - Orosháza
The reconstructed building
Address: 5900, Orosháza Dózsa György utca 5.
Phone number: (68) 412-853
Opening hours: Tue-Fri 8-16, Sat-Sun 10-12, 13-15
Orosháza Town Museum (Szántó Kovács János Regional Museum) can be found under 5 Dózsa György street. The museum can be reached within a few minutes walk from the council house. The building originally functioned as a private property.

The fundamental core of the museum's collection was made up by the items collected by elementary and upper agriculture teacher Balázs Juhász (1874-1930) and his students. This collection was and still is enriched by the workers of the new museum.

The museum first of lal represents ethnography, historic and archeological objects and documents. Most of these items originate from Orosháza, but some were brought from the surrounding villages and the Vásárhelyi plains.
Permanent exhibitions
A taste of the exhibition
The permanent exhibition opened in May 2005 presents the history of the town Orosháza and its region from the archeological periods to nowadays. We show the objects characteristic of our past and environment. Those who are interested in archeology, history or ethnography may find interesting information at our display. continue
A taste of the exhibition
The chamber exhibition organized in the stairway titled 'Whoever Gave Home to the Past of Orosháza' commemorates Schwarcz János (1901-1964), the man who donated the building to us. The collection of the museum grew with objects that belonged to the Schwarcz family once lately. Thus, the audience may see the Bible of the family, the armchair Mrs. Schwarcz she use in the shop and a chandelier in the hall that war replaced there after the restoration works. continue