2020.07.10.
Hatvany Lajos Museum

2020.07.10.
András Jósa Museum

2020.07.10.
Dr. Batthyány-Strattmann László Museum

2020.07.10.
Déri Museum

2020.07.10.
Baranya County Museum Authority - Janus Pannonius Museum

2020.07.10.

2020.07.10.

2020.07.10.

2020.07.10.

2020.07.10.
Kunsthalle

2020.07.10.

2020.07.09.
Déri Museum

2020.07.09.
Budapest Museum of Fine Arts

Albertfalva Region History Collection and School Museum - Budapest
Museum entrance
Address: 1116, Budapest Pentele utca 8.
Phone number: (1) 208-6635
Opening hours: Tue, Thu 16-18
(Closed in school breaks)
Albertfalva - the Southern part of the 11th district in Budapest - will hold its 182nd anniversary in 2001. Its oldest school is 173; its oldest museum is 21 years old. In the introduction below we will talk about the museum's work of more than two decades.

Andor Beleznay, the writer of these lines was commissioned as headmaster of the Petőfi Sándor Primary School in 1964. Through a search of the school's archives it soon had turned out that the school would reach up to the 150th year of its existence in 1978. Preparations for the anniversary began in 1973. This date coincided with the breaking up the High Street of Albertfalva and beginning building the new estate. One thousand pupils of the schools divided the area among themselves and collected from the houses everything offered by the owners.

The work of collecting took nearly five years and produced good fruits indeed, for the exhibition made for the jubilee was very successful. After the exhibition, the question was raised as to what should happen to the collected materials. The idea was soon introduced and accepted to establish a school museum where we could display these most interesting and valuable items. That is how the museum came to exist on 15 March 1980, on the compound of the school. Later - in 1991 - the museum moved to its present residence.

At the beginning, we were focusing on the circumstances regarding the establishment of the school. Soon we found out that the great-great-grand son of the first teacher in the school was still alive. He could tell us a lot about the teacher (Vodicska Vencel), and had many photos and documents of him at hand. Through his help we managed to set up the Vodicska family tree, which now contains the particulars of eight generations.

We also learnt where the first school building was situated, how it was extended during the course of time, and how many students were going there. The school building had always been proving too small, and that explains the question of how and why the biggest school of the country was established with 3 buildings and 50 classrooms, 140 teachers and 1858 students. The name of the school had not come about up by accident, for down to 1848 it was well known that the majority of Albertfalva belonged to the group of Kossuth-supporters. This spirit penetrated the work of the school; this gave energy to both teachers and students to ever bring high quality into their work.

That is how the school became the source and starting point for researches made in other fields.
Permanent exhibitions
All wines are listed in a catalogue (type, name, area, date)
The wine collection exhibits more than 600 kinds of wine of 32 countries. Each of the 600 bottles of wine originate from different countries. Flags on the bottles indicate the country of origin. The collection work started off 30 years ago and is still carried out today. All wines have a separate catalogue. continue
A taste of the exhibition
The first time the chance to form a school chapel during the history of the 100-year-old town occurred in the 1920s. On Sundays, the desks were taken out of the sole schoolroom in the village, by then a municipality. Then, the schoolroom was refurnished with equipment from the chapel. One of the exhibition rooms shows original items from the chapel. The visitors can see the original tabernacle, the stoop, as well as a number of statues and flags. continue
Roman excavations
The central settlement of the Celtic Eraviscus tribe was situated in the Southern slope of the St Gellért-hill, Budapest. In the first half of the 1st century the Roman government moved some part of the Eraviscus people to the plains of Albertfalva. A significant part of the ancient settlement lay in Albertfalva. continue
Sachsenfeld seal from 1825
The Ráckeve dominion was shifted into the ownership of Mária Krisztina (5th child of Mária Terézia) through a marriage she made in 1766 with Wettin Albert Kázmér Ágost (1738-1822) - prince of Szászteschen. After her death the dominion was inherited by her husband. continue