The plane arrived on 17 December 1975 on the order of the Air Traffic and Airport Directorate . In 1978 the complete S. TFIS 7701 air monitoring apparatus that fulfils the ICAO II category was installed. Later on it was expanded to category III and was used to check landing tracks, to calibrate ILS and other tasks. The first overhaul of the plane took place in 1980.
In 1987 the plane was repainted with the colours of Malév. The inscription ‘Flight Inspection Service’ was written under the windows. After changes at Malév in 1993, the plane was repainted to its present colours. It is still owned by the The aircraft successfully performed calibrations in neighbouring countries since the 1990s. The plane was kept in the technology forefront since the first part of the 1990s, but was moved to the Memorial Park in the spring of 2002. 1136 of this type of plane were manufactured until 1980.