Event calendar
2024. May
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
2024.04.20. - 2024.11.24.
Budapest
2023.12.15. - 2024.02.18.
Budapest
2023.11.16. - 2024.01.21.
Budapest
2023.11.09. - 2024.03.17.
Budapest
2023.10.27. - 2024.02.11.
Budapest
2023.10.18. - 2024.02.18.
Budapest
2023.09.22. - 2024.01.21.
Budapest
2012.03.01. - 2012.03.31.
Vác
2012.02.01. - 2012.02.29.
Miskolc
2012.01.22. - 1970.01.01.
Budapest
2011.10.04. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.10.01. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.09.30. - 1970.01.01.
Nagykáta
2011.07.04. - 2011.07.08.
Budapest
The Mining Museum of Mecsek - Exhibition on Mining Uranium - Kővágószőlős
The entrance of the Uranium Mining Exhibition in Kővágószőlős
Address: 7673, Kővágószőlős Rákóczi u. 54.
Phone number: (74) 374-162, (99) 312-667
Opening hours: 01.04-31.10.: Tue-Sun 10-18
01.11-31.03.: Tue-Sun 10-16
After 1945 companies (Coal Mines of Mecsek, Mecsek Ore-mining Company, Shaft-sinker Company) working in the mine industry in Mecsek took care of the conservation of the remembrances of mining in Mecsek. The search began in 1950s for uranium was successful and after setting up a mine also uranium was mined in Mecsek at the end of the decade.

In the beginning of 1990s Mecsek Ore-mining Company closed down due to the changes in society and economics. The mining companies of Mecsek founded, and in 1977 opened the Mine Repository of Pécs at the former headquarters of FDSNC (Pécs, Mária Street), and since 1982 operated it under the name of Mecsek Mine Museum.

Liquidation of the founder mine-digging companies, and selling the headquarters of FDSNC in 1993 resulted in the abolishment of the continuous exhibition. Mecsek Ore Co. took care of the uranium part of the exhibition. In 1997 arranging with the local government of Kővágószőlős (the home of uranium mining) they founded and opened the new, continuous Exhibition of Uranium Mining in the offered building. From 2004 the exhibition is operated by the Central Museum of Mining as part of the Mining Museum of Mecsek according to the contract made with the local government, in the building of the former school.
Permanent exhibitions
The equipments of Research for Uranium
The research after uranium began nearby Kővágószőlős in 1953. The newly founded Bauxite-mine Company (cover-name) started mining of the lenticular uranium adherent to Permian standstone in 1955 and it began exploitation of uranium in 1957. This year the company's name was changed to Pécs Uranium-mine Company. continue