Event calendar
2020. November
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
Region House - Markaz
The region house
Address: 3262, Markaz Fő u. 138.
Phone number: (37) 363-562
Opening hours: Temporarily closed.
19th Century, ethnography, folk interior design, history, Modern Era, permanent exhibition
Share it, if you like it:
The house was built by Vendel Valkó in the beginning of the 1870'ies. Because of its divisions it was appropriete for two families. According to Béla Hacsavecz the house was generally inhabited by one family, and the back part was used temorally by visitor families. The history of the village was written by Béla Hacsavecz. The two volumes were published by the local council in 1992 and 1995. The books can be obtained in the local library.

Before the middle of the 19th century houses were mainly built with wood, but later stream stones or mine stones were used. The use of mud bricks were not generally spread. However, the region house was built with mud bricks. In both dwelling parts there were kitchens with open chimneys and rooms with ovens. Paralel with the house there stands a shed and a tool store. After the death of the last owner of the house, Veron Barta, the local council purhased and renovated the building.

Equipments and tools (originated mainly in the 1920-1930'ies) were collected by local elderly people, under the supervision of Mrs Istvánné Hegedűs. There are a cradle, a bed, a spinning wheel and a loom in the house. On the top of a chest of drawers the popular dolls and children's games of Mrs. Jánosné Keszthelyi are standing.