2020.06.05.
Hungarian Open Air Museum

2020.06.05.
Hungarian National Museum

2020.06.05.

2020.06.05.
Ferenc Móra Museum - Museum of Csongrád County Government

2020.06.05.

2020.06.05.
Budapest Museum of Fine Arts

2020.06.05.
Baranya County Museum Authority - Janus Pannonius Museum

2020.06.05.
Hatvany Lajos Museum

2020.06.04.
DĂ©ri Museum

2020.06.04.
Rippl-RĂłnai Museum

2020.06.04.
Dr. Batthyány-Strattmann László Museum

2020.06.04.
Tomory Lajos Museum

2020.06.04.

Town Museum of Nagykároly - Carei
The Inner Ward of the Museum
Address: 445100, Carei PiaĹŁa 25 Octombrie nr. 1
Phone number: (261) 864-981
Opening hours: Winter: Tue-Fri 9-17, Sat 10-14, Sun 9-17
Summer: Tue-Fri 10-18, Sat 10-14, Sun 10-18
archaeology, permanent exhibition, Romania
Share it, if you like it:
Museum tickets, service costs:
Ticket for adults
4 HUF
Ticket for children
2 HUF
Photography
20 HUF
Video
30 HUF
The archeological part is presented in five rooms. It covers a long period between 6200 B.C. and the 8th century A.D. It contains various articles for personal use, arms (stone axe, copper and metal hack, metal and iron sword, helmets), jewelry, articles related to religion (idols, altars, cart models) and more grave-reconstructions (metal age, early and late iron age, 8th and 17th century).

This archeological part of the museum is pre-eminent and appreciated in Romania and abroad. It is very important the exhibition of metal age (2800-1400 B.C.) and late iron age (350 B.C.-100 A.D.), which has been presented in Bucharest, Baia Mare, Cluj, Milan, Hochdorf. The previous is well-known about the ceramic waifs from tell settlements (Carei-Bobald, Tiream-Kendereshalom/Hempclmap) and underground metal waifs (Pir-Potatolands, Carei-Spitz, Capleni-Kuba), the second about the celtic graveyard found at Piscolt-Sandhill.

In the chivalry room have been placed those few garden decorations which had decorated the park of the castle. There is a rare Venetian marble fountain (10th century), marble flower pillar-stands, stands (16th century) and a marble lion-headed bench (16th century).