Event calendar
2021. April
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
Oroszlány Mining Museum - Oroszlány - Majkpuszta
Az Oroszlányi Bányászati Múzeum bejárata
Address: 2840, Oroszlány - Majkpuszta Majk, XX-as akna
Phone number: (34) 704-179, (99) 312-667
Opening hours: Temporarily closed.
economy, heavy industry, history of industry, industry, mining, permanent exhibition, story
Share it, if you like it:
Museum tickets, service costs:
Ticket for adults
500 HUF
Ticket for students
300 HUF
Ticket for pensioners
300 HUF
The exhibition of coal-mining history of Oroszlány was built on the periphery of Oroszlány and on the XX. shaft and in the remaining technological buildings. Coal-mining in Oroszlány began in 1937 and still operates in our days.
The 20th Head-frame with Shaft Engine Room
The exhibition, which takes place in the main building where earlier the lamp-cabin and reader used to be, shows the conception and development of coal-mining, operating from 1937 in Oroszlány. The exhibition is in more rooms and shows in its original form the dispatcher centre connecting to the operative product management, the office of the captain, and the inspectoral office. The exhibition gives an overview about mine-rescuing, lining, mine-geology, and interprets its tools, instruments, minerals and specimen rocks. Coal miners of Oroszlány have a band since 1945, and the remembrances of the band are also on display.

In the underground "mine" (museum-tunnel) exhibition of the museum is a "mine-like athmosphere" and here are on show the coal-mining faces, and the machinery of internal transportation and of electricity supply. The 1:1 scale mine-model, which was built from different kind of security systems (concrete profile stone, trapeze crib, TH steel band, steel post, steel beam, hydraulic shield), and the characteristic tunnels and mine-noises provide the "athmosphere of an original mine" for the visitors. The exploration of the 80 m long and 300 m2 ground space "mine" gives a "real mine experience".

On the court of the museum are in original stage the headframe of the closed hoisting-shaft of XX. shaft-factory with the connecting shaft-power-house and the loading station of the cablerailway, and with tram-road system. Around them, on the covered parts of the court are placed the machinery of tram-road transportation (locomotive, mine-waggon, carriage for people), face loading (above head and side-dump ... etc.), hydraulic securing system, widework, ventilation, forking and tunnel driving. Here are exhibited some inventions of Hungarian mining for example several models of the "F" tunnel-driving series, among them the legendary machine of the '50s, the F-4.