Event calendar
2019. January
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
István Telekessy Pharmacy - Eger
István Telekessy Pharmacy
Address: 3300, Eger Sz├ęchenyi utca 14.
Phone number: (36) 312-744
Opening hours: 01.05-31.08.: Tue-Sun 9-17
The pharmacy was founded by the Jesuits in the 1713 whe Bishop István Telekessy donated a house belonging to the order for that purpose. It moved to its present site in 1900 where it functioned as a pharmacy until 1968.

The museum was opened in 1987 and fitted out with restored furnishings. The furniture, made of oak with baroque rococo detailing, was purpose-built for the original Jesuit pharmacy in 1745-46. Bishop Telekessy's coat of arms can be seen on the breastwork of the glazed table. The receptacles, made in Holics, embellished with the Telekessy coat of arms, also belong to the eighteenth century decor. Wooden jars can also be seen which belong to the original pharmacy.