2018. September 22. Saturday
Istv├ín Telekessy Pharmacy - Eger
Address: 3300, Eger Sz├ęchenyi utca 14.
Phone number: (36) 312-744
Opening hours: 01.05-31.08.: Tue-Sun 9-17
The pharmacy was founded by the Jesuits in the 1713 whe Bishop Istv├ín Telekessy donated a house belonging to the order for that purpose. It moved to its present site in 1900 where it functioned as a pharmacy until 1968. The museum was opened in 1987 and fitted out with restored furnishings. The furniture, made of oak with baroque rococo detailing, was purpose-built for the original Jesuit pharmacy in 1745-46.