Event calendar
2018. September
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Albertfalva Region History Collection and School Museum - Budapest
Museum entrance
Address: 1116, Budapest Pentele utca 8.
Phone number: (1) 208-6635
Opening hours: Tue, Thu 16-18
(Closed in school breaks)
The name of the school had not come about up by accident, for down to 1848 it was well known that the majority of Albertfalva belonged to the group of Kossuth-supporters. This spirit penetrated the work of the school; this gave energy to both teachers and students to ever bring high quality into their work. continue
Permanent exhibitions
All wines are listed in a catalogue (type, name, area, date)
The wine collection exhibits more than 600 kinds of wine of 32 countries. Each of the 600 bottles of wine originate from different countries. Flags on the bottles indicate the country of origin. The collection work started off 30 years ago and is still carried out today. All wines have a separate catalogue. continue
Roman excavations
The central settlement of the Celtic Eraviscus tribe was situated in the Southern slope of the St Gell├ęrt-hill, Budapest. In the first half of the 1st century the Roman government moved some part of the Eraviscus people to the plains of Albertfalva. A significant part of the ancient settlement lay in Albertfalva. continue
A taste of the exhibition
Following the Austro-Hungarian Compromise of 1867, the extensive economical, industrial and cultural development taking place proved that the formerly active coops did not function according to the requirements of the times. The Act 17 of 1884 accordingly required qualification to practice trade. It also organized trade authorities, ordering the formation of trade associations on the territory of every trade authority to which every tradesman was obliged to join. continue
A taste of the exhibition
The first time the chance to form a school chapel during the history of the 100-year-old town occurred in the 1920s. On Sundays, the desks were taken out of the sole schoolroom in the village, by then a municipality. Then, the schoolroom was refurnished with equipment from the chapel. One of the exhibition rooms shows original items from the chapel. The visitors can see the original tabernacle, the stoop, as well as a number of statues and flags. continue