2020.07.10.
Hatvany Lajos Museum

2020.07.10.
András Jósa Museum

2020.07.10.
Dr. Batthyány-Strattmann László Museum

2020.07.10.
Déri Museum

2020.07.10.
Baranya County Museum Authority - Janus Pannonius Museum

2020.07.10.

2020.07.10.

2020.07.10.

2020.07.10.

2020.07.10.
Kunsthalle

2020.07.10.

2020.07.09.
Déri Museum

2020.07.09.
Budapest Museum of Fine Arts

Country House - Varsád
Region House
Address: 7067, Varsád Ady Endre utca 151.
Phone number: (74) 448-180, (30) 600-8819
Opening hours: On prior notice.
The village Vársád is nearly 800 years old. After the Turkish left, evangelic Germans settled in the uninhabited village in 1713-1786 arriving from the Hessen region. The new settlers were involved in farming and husbandry. Vine growing and pomology were also very emphatic. Almost all households had a press and a smaller vineyard.

The houses were made of clay and loam painted white. The façade of richer families was colourful.

Until the relocations in 1945-46 the village was populated by about 1400-1500 German speaking residents. Their cloths were very exclusive in the region.

The building presently holding the County House was built in 1884. Three rooms, a kitchen, a room for smoking and a chamber with the staircase to the attic are to be found in the house.

The room looking on the street and the backroom is furnished with Swabian settings. The middle room accommodates furniture of Székely and Upper Hungary, along tools and equipment. The kitchen also acquaints the visitors with the life of Swabians.

The old forgery with tools and equipment is located opposite the house.

The shack with a cart, as well as equipment used in farming is a kind of continuation of the house. The wall of this was made of clay and straw mortar but the barn is of brick. Harnesses and a manger are to be seen in the barn. So-called "bridgy" pigsties are located in the yard.

The German self-government purchased the building in 2006 with the original furnishing and tools with the objective of credibly showing the life of the village Varsád in the first part of the 20th century.
Opening hours
On prior notice.
Services
guided tour
In Hungarian and German
Entrance is free of charge
for everybody
Contact
Address 7067 Varsád, Ady Endre utca 151.
Address Ady Endre utca 4.
Telephone
(74) 448-180
(30) 600-8819
Fax
448-180
E-mail
Web